Friday, October 12, 2012

Welcome to KBC International!

Hey readers,

Welcome to my new space. I'm trying to get use to using this new template and everything else (let's hope I don't forget my new URL :S), but I'm very excited and enthusiastic about getting this started. As I told you guys from before, I had wanted to create a book club to share and discuss the book I read and have you guys part of the process. This is a whole new type of writing, but I'm looking forward to the challenge and I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon enough.

The type of books that I typically read (and don't hold your breath) are horrors. I know what you're thinking and to be honest, I find them to be the most emotion provoking types of books. You feel suspense, fear, excitement, suspicion, thrill, and so many other feelings all at once. I don't only read horrors, though. I'm a lover of fantasy novels. I like ones like, "Shadow Thieves" that infuse their ideas with historical events or, in this case, Greek Mythology. I enjoy mystery books; nothing beats the good ol' Nancy Drew and Hardy Boy mysteries. Science fiction is pretty good, once in awhile  I guess I'm not that big of a fan all the time because they can get too technical at times and completely throw me for a loop. If I'm staring at a book, trying to decipher what you're trying to tell me for several hours, I can't promise that I won't chuck it out of a window.

The difference between this blog and my other one is that while your commentary is suggested to add to the other blog, I really need your help to have this blog run smoothly and just like a real book club. I'll ask questions and you should feel free to give your suggestions or views on anything I've said. Your comments will always make it on the blog (as long as they are respectful and safe), I will try to respond to your comments, and nobody will EVER put down your views. I want to support you guys and I hope you'll be able to support me on this new endeavor.

I haven't quite decided on a format for this blog, but it'll fall into line as soon as I start my first book, which I hope to introduce tomorrow. At any rate, I want you guys to try this out with me and send me your feedback on this new blog. Thanks guys!

Love Always <3,
Katrina Lowell